Sunday, February 22, 2015

Connections and Layout

Talking about how to mount the brooch. I thought the soldered posts would be the easiest way to go.

However, since it is me that we're talking about, I complicate the simple. I didn't drill holes in the enameled piece before I put foundation white on it. So Tabs it will be. 



Copper is milled, cut, and cleaned





 Laying out the rays of my the hinomaru for this brooch. Hinomaru is the Japanese Flag. I will be altering the colors to personalize it.


On the back is a bento box. A Japanese box made to completely contain and compartmentalize comestibles. Furthermore, as represented in this piece, the rice will have an umeboshi (pickled plum) in the center. The Japanese call this hinomaru, as it resembles their national colors



No comments:

Post a Comment