Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Champleve Color Choice

So, my original color choice may have been a bit bold (the square on the far right was repeated in the chocolate confectionery wrapper below). I decided to make it a little cooler, and actually took it back to what I'm finding to be my default color scheme. That is red-orange and blue-green complementary.





I took the pattern from Rhinoceros and exported it as an Adobe Illustrator File. Therein, I played with a few different color schemes.
 Too much blue in my opinion. It balances the orange but not the red.
 So to balance the red, I decided to add green. One darker, one lighter

Oddly enough, this reminded me of an abstract landscape, and continues my body of work with the red sun and sapphire sky.

Brooch back for my first project, my take on the Hinomaru.


Here are some test tiles that I chose for the colors:






No comments:

Post a Comment