Monday, April 27, 2015

Cloissone Worm Hole: Final Revision For Final Enamel Project (Part 02 of 05)

Cloisonne Formed now ready to transfer. I used squeegee oil (A-4) to hold the cloisonne wire in place. It worked to hold it up right if level. However, the slightest bump or change in elevation would cause the wire to shift
Transferring it to the trivet and transporting it to the kiln: Challenge! I lost a piece of wire in the kiln so I had to take immediate action, and rearrange the piece.
I was taught to use a spatula to press down on the cloisonne wire immediately upon removing it from the kiln to ensure that it properly fused in the transparent enamel. I decided to use bench blocks instead. This way the pressure was evenly distributed, and can be passively applied. It also provides a greater heat sink.


No comments:

Post a Comment