Monday, February 16, 2015


Sketches for first enameling project. If nothing being in Boone has brought to my attention that my time in Japan was life altering for me. Life choices brought me there, and I was interested in having a good time. However that fun was only on the surface. It was a blast to be there with everyone exploring the newness. In contrast and in the depths, I feel that I was led there by something else. Cliche to say guided by voices. But it permeates my perspective and aesthetic.

Over the past 15 years, I would fight having an affection for Japan.  This is a topic upon which I will expand later. It was as if I was in a teenage hormonal chrysalis. I've elevated through the constraints that formed my contortion. Tying it in with project, I want to express expansion of my horizons and the elegance of carefully considered arrangements of color in constraints.

No comments:

Post a Comment