Monday, April 27, 2015

Cloissone Worm Hole: Final Revision For Final Enamel Project (Part 01 of 05)


Wasn't feeling the fire alarm pull station belt buckle. Funny? Yes! Yet not me at the moment.


I've been back at making a few of my wood and gem bracelets. So I decided to replicate wood for my final project. I wanted to use one of the wormy pieces, which I will later fill with stones of blue or green.


 So I laid a piece of paper over the wood, and did a pencil rubbing to capture the pits and patterns of the surface.

For the pits, I will use cobalt blue and green (think it's mistletoe or spruce). For the wood, I will use transparent medium fusing clear. This will hopefully reveal the oxidation of the copper and simulate the wood in a way.

I will use a pendant that I designed based off of the Japanese omamori (an amulet with a wood or paper script inside, offered at temples and shrines)

I had cool finger prints on the copper that I thought had oxidized. I degreased them, however the enamel still did not stay after I fired it. Oh well, I'm still rolling with copper and transparent enamel for the "wood".





No comments:

Post a Comment