Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Enameled Brooch Final Touches

I have the face of the setting in the vice. I was able to bend two edges of it using this. 
I was not able to use the vice for the other two sides. Moreover, since my media of choice are wood and stone, the malleability of metal is not something I readily understand. It will take practice, but should get the hang of hammering form into the material with practice. Probably unorthodox, but this set up got the piece in a presentable state.


 Now on to the back side. This is it after I soldered two pinbacks and clamped the tabs down over the front.


 The front with tabs. Steel wool was used for finishing them.

I etched the face to introduce scale to it, then heat patinated it. After which, I used Clear enamel to make the patina viewable.




 Then I dipped it in liver of sulfur multiple times to blacken the copper










No comments:

Post a Comment